Back in 2012 a brand new lucid dreaming product called the ‘REMEE’ lucid dreaming mask came out and it promised to give dreamers a new and easy way to induce vivid lucid dreams.
But does the REMEE lucid dreaming mask actually work?
Well I’ve finally got my hands on one on one and have been playing with it for the last couple of weeks and today I’m going to share my full experience with this device in my REMEE review video below!
How The REMEE Works…
The basic idea behind the REMEE is that is that you wear it whilst you are sleeping and then when you slip into REM sleep (the part of your sleep cycle in which you dream) the REMEE will flash a series of lights at you. And the hope is that these lights will then infiltrate your dreams and send a signal to your dreaming brain to let you know that the place you are inside of is not real and is in fact a dream. In a way it’s very much like an artificial reality check (aka. a check that you can do to determine whether you are awake or dreaming).
It’s Suprisingly Comfortable.
Considering that there is a circuit board inside of the REMEE sleeping mask it’s easy to think that this thing would be a bit clunky and uncomfortable to wear. However after putting it on for the first time I was suprised at just how comfortable and lightweight the device really was – you literally can’t feel the circuit board at ALL when you are wearing it.
Programming The REMEE Is Easy.
One of the most impressive things about this device is the way in which it can be programmed. You can set it to a variety of different lighting settings and adjust the delay times, brightness settings and so on all by simply going to SleepWithRemee.com and then choosing your settings, holding up your REMEE to the screen and then clicking ‘Update’. No cords or WIFI or anything like that is needed at all. It’s actually pretty clever.
But Is It Actually Effective?
Although the idea behind the REMEE is super cool on paper and although I love that more people are releasing lucid dreaming products… if I’m totally honest I have to say that I have found the REMEE mask to be a little bit hit and miss. I’ve had it work for me a few times but I’ve also found that many times it simply does not. And I think that the main flaw with this device is this: although the REMEE aims to light up whilst you are in your REM cycles in reality there is actually no way for the device to detect REM sleep… so basically it’s more just trying to ‘guess’ when you are in an REM sleep cycle and when you are dreaming and often that guess is wrong. Furthermore another thing that you have to consider too is that even if the REMEE does successfully manage to display it’s light sequence whilst you are in REM sleep you still will have train your brain up to recognize exactly what these lights mean which takes a bit of practice. And for that reason I’m not 100% sure that this device is that much better than any of the other reality checks that can be performed without any expensive price tag.
- The packaging and design is super click and the instructions are really well written and easy to understand.
- The device itself is surprisingly comfortable to wear considering it has a computer chip in it. In fact you can barely feel the circuit board since it’s so thin and flexible.
- The REMEE can easily be programmed without any cords, WIFI or anything like that!
- The REMEE has no accurate way to truly tell when you are in REM sleep and are dreaming so it’s more just trying to ‘guess’ when you are in REM sleep… and often that guess can be wrong.
- Just as with any reality check you will still have to train yourself up to look out for the lights that the REMEE displays so that you when you do see them in a dream that you are actually able to understand what they mean.
- I’ve found other regular reality checks just seem to be more effective.
How To Start Lucid Dreaming For Free…
Don’t want to drop $95 on a REMEE?
Just click here to get my free Lucid Dreaming crash course where I’ll show you exactly how you can start to experience crazy, awe inspiring lucid dreams in no time at all… and without any expensive products or gizmos!